Ancora CARE is the name of Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation (CWP) Trust’s new service that aims to deliver the out of hospital offer in line with the principles and ambitions of the Cheshire and Merseyside New Model of Care for CAMHS Tier 4.
The new service aims to support the reduction of admissions to Tier 4 inpatient beds, appropriately accelerate discharge and support the delivery of care close to home.
How will we know Ancora CARE is working?
- Improved outcomes for young people and families
- Decreased number of admissions, including young people with a LD and/or ASD
- Improved young person and parent/carer, family experience
- Reduced re-admission
The following principles have been derived from system wide consultation and engagement across Cheshire and Merseyside and reflect the views of children, young people, parents, carers and professionals.
- Whole family approach to care that meets individual need close to home and in the community where possible and appropriate
- Person-centred approach - young people and their family’s needs, views and wishes are of paramount importance
- Seamless care pathways with shared/multi-agency ownership, coordination, commitment and accountability to meet needs safely
- Clear, unambiguous, open and seamless inter-agency communication, shared language and information sharing with clear roles and responsibilities of all professionals and family members in care planning and delivery of care
- Standardised, equitable consistent approach across Cheshire and Merseyside providing the right care, at the right time, in the right place, by the right professional
- Resilient, flexible, skilled and resilient workforce with mutual respect and support across disciplines
- Formulated understanding of risk and challenges available to all involved
Who can access the service?
This service is available to anyone aged 13-18 at the time of referral
Who can make referrals to Ancora CARE?
To access Ancora CARE a referral will need to be made by Tier 3 Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services, this will be through a Multi-Disciplinary Team assessment in the community.
In 2017, the Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership Mental Health Programme Board (C&M MHPB) prioritised the development of a new model of care for the delivery of CAMH Tier 4 services in line with the national direction of travel towards the Five Year Forward View (FYFV, NHS England, 2016) and the NHS Long Term Plan (NHS England, 2019).