Please see the related CNEST documents below, this includes a copy of the CNEST tool and a guidance pack that you can use offline.
- Appendix A: Cheshire and Merseyside Tier 4 CAMHS New Care Model (2019)
- Appendix B: Complex Needs Escalation and Support Tool (CNEST)
- Appendix C: Cheshire and Merseyside CYPMH Support and Escalation Framework
- Appendix D: Dynamic Support Database – Clinical Support Tool (Child)
- Appendix E: How the DSD-CST is embedded within the CNEST
- Acton, D., Jaydeokar, S., Bohen, F., Motterhead, T., Mills, R., & Odiyoor, M. (in press). Reducing premature mortality and preventable deaths in people with intellectual disability: development of a decision support tool for physical health (DST-PH). British Journal of Learning Disabilities.
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (2019). Children and Young Person Dynamic Support Database Clinical Support Tool (CYP DSD-CST)
- Children Act 1989. c. 41. http://
www. legislation.gov.uk/ ukpga/ 1989/ 41/ section/ 47
- Cooperrider, D. L., Whitney, D., & Stavros, J. M. (2008). Appreciative inquiry handbook: For leaders of change (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler
- Cotgrove, A. & Northover, G. (2021) Debate: The future of inpatient units – do we need them?. Journal of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 26(2), 178-179
- Hasson, F., Keeney, S. & McKenna, H. (2000). Research guidelines for the Delphi survey technique. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 32(4),1008-1015
- Jones, M., Hopkins, K., Kyrke-Smithm R, Davies, R., Vostanis, P., & Wolpert, M. (2013). Current View Tool Completion Guide. London: CAMHS Press
- Lascelles, K., Brand, F., & Hawton, K. (2022). Psychosocial assessment following self-harm: A clinician’s guide. Psychosocial-assessment-guide-2022-WEB.pdf (oxfordhealth.nhs.uk)
- Mental Health Act 1983. c. 20. Mental Health Act 1983 (legislation.gov.uk)
- National Institute of Health and Care Excellence. (2016). Transition from childrens to adults services for young people using health or social care services. [NICE guideline No. 43]. https://
www. nice.org.uk/ guidance/ ng43
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2022). Self-harm: assessment, management and preventing recurrence. [NICE guideline No.225]. https://
www. nice.org.uk/ guidance/ ng225
- NHS England (2016). The Five Year Forward (FYFV) Mental Health. https://
www. england.nhs.uk/ wp-content/ uploads/ 2016/ 02/ Mental-Health-Taskforce-FYFV-final.pdf
- NHS England (2017a). Transforming Care. Model Service Specifications: Supporting implementation of the service model. model-service-spec-2017.pdf (england.nhs.uk)
- NHS England (2017b). Care and Treatment Reviews (CTRs): Policy and Guidance. ctr-policy-v2.pdf (england.nhs.uk)
- NHS England (2019a). The NHS Long Term Plan. https://
www. longtermplan.nhs.uk/ wp-content/ uploads/ 2019/ 08/ nhs-long-term-plan-version-1.2.pdf
- NHS England (2019b). Dynamic Support Database (DSD) and clinical support tool. NHS England » Dynamic Support Database (DSD) and clinical support tool
- NHS England (2023). Dynamic support register and Care (Education) and Treatment Review: Policy and guidance. https://
www. england.nhs.uk/ wp-content/ uploads/ 2023/ 01/ PR1486-Dynamic-support-register-and-Care-Education-and-Treatment-Review-policy-and-guide.pdf
- Oxford learner’s dictionary accessed at oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com on 23/01/2023.
- Pender, F.H., Harries, A.D., Goold, M., Mandara, A., Thompson, L., Nall-Evans, S., Michelet, F., Jaydeoakar, S. & Cotgrove, A. (in press). Factors associated with restrictive interventions in young people with autism and/or intellectual disability admitted to adolescent mental health inpatient services. Submitted for publication.
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists (2022). Medical emergencies in eating disorders: Guidance on recognition and management. (College Report CR233). https://
www. rcpsych.ac.uk/ docs/ default-source/ improving-care/ better-mh-policy/ college-reports/ college-report-cr233-medical-emergencies-in-eating-disorders-(meed)-guidance.pdf? sfvrsn=2d327483_52
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists (2022). Assessing Risk. https://
www. rcpsych.ac.uk/ members/ supporting-your-professional-development/ assessing-and-managing-risk-of-patients-causing-harm/ assessing-risk
- Wolpert, M., Harris, R., Hodges, S., Fuggle, P., James, R., Wiener, A., ...Munk, S. (2019). THRIVE Framework for system change. London: CAMHS Press.